Public???Private Dialogue (PPD)
How do you characterize the relationship between the Ethiopian government and the private sector? Is it founded on trust and mutual understanding or filled with finger-pointing and suspicious mysteroids attitudes towards each other?
Can the nation achieve its intended economic growth and transformation without an active and robust private sector?
What are the factors contributing to the mistrust between the two?
What mechanism can help address the underlying mistrust?
These are the kinds of questions are addressed by the material and through it the training program.
- The business community would like to see:
- Conducive business environment:
- Ease of starting ,doing and exiting business
- Government wishes:
- Robust private sector that :
- Generates employment and revenue
- Complies to law
- Has a regard for public safety and national security
???Trust-deficit??? must be addressed and Dialogue is key and hence PPD.
This material dwells on the following major issues of concern to PPD.
- What is PPD?
- Why PPD?
- The why of Regional Business Agenda
- Key Steps to go about developing Regional Business Agenda
- State of PPD in Ethiopia
- Structure of PPD – Key Activities, Lessons, Opportunities and Risks
This Module will help participants:
- Understand the concept of PPD;
- Be able to identify relevant stakeholders in a PPD initiative;
- Know how to prioritize policy, regulatory and administrative barriers faced by the Ethiopian private sector;
- Enable regional chambers to develop their respective Regional Business Agenda; and
- Draw lessons from the current state of PPD in Ethiopia
??Download File??Public Private Dialogue (PPD)